Box Policy & Sign Up
The Saanich Organics vegetable box is an ongoing program that delivers fresh, local organic vegetables to your door year round! Unlike some other seasonal box programs ours is ongoing, which means you do not have to sign up from year to year, you can put your box on hold at any time, sign-up or quit at any time, and your balance carries over from year to year. Because our program is a little different from other seasonal programs, please read on to understand how scheduling and payment works.
- When you first subscribe to our box program, you will be charged a non-refundable $5 sign-up fee. This fee helps cover the cost of getting you into the system as well as going toward the cost of the locally-made wooden boxes we use.
- Please note that for new sign-ups we will send your first box after a payment has been received.
- After the initial sign-up, when it is time to make another payment you can put any amount you like on your account. You are responsible for keeping a positive balance in your account, but how many boxes you pay for in advance is up to you. When you sign-up online you will be given the option of paying for 5, 10 or 20 boxes in advance, or you can sign-up for just a 1 week “trial box”.
- Because our box program is ongoing, this means customers have a running account with us and each time a they receive a delivery, their account is debited the value of 1 box. When your balance gets low, you will receive an email reminder that payment is due.
- Our box program is year round, except for the break from mid-December –January. You do not have to sign-up again when deliveries start on the first Tuesday in February. Also, if you have a balance left from the previous December, it will simply carry over into the next year.
- We accept e-transfers, credit cards, and cheques. Please follow the instructions here: http://saanichorganics.com/pay-for-your-box/
How to put your box on hold/quit the box program:
- Do not assume that when your balance reaches$0.00 you are done. The only way to stop receiving a box is to put your box on hold or to notify us directly that you are quitting the program.
- If you need to skip a box (put your account on hold), you must let us know 4 days or more prior to the delivery day, or you will be charged for the box. You can place holds yourself by “managing your account” in Farmigo, or by calling or emailing us.
- You can cancel your membership at any time (with at least 4 days notice) by emailing or phoning us. However, it is best for Saanich Organics if you can utilize any remaining balance before stopping deliveries. If you do require a refund, we will do so by cheque in the mail, rather than by credit card for balances only at $20 or greater.
Last but IMPORTANT:
- Please read all emails we send so you can stay informed. We try to not to send too many emails, so when we do email you it is because it is important (eg. we might be switching schedules or a payment may be due).
- If your email or any other contact information changes contact us at email@example.com or (250)818-5807.
- Saanich Organics does not sell or share any of its customers’ contact information. We do not sell advertising in our newsletters or on our website, but will occasionally include community service announcements.
We encourage you to read the Frequently Asked Questions about our box program.
Your subscription to the Saanich Organics Box reflects your commitment to help grow and strengthen the local organic food network. ~Thank you and enjoy!